There are many positives to having a weekday wedding and now more than ever couples are considering a midweek celebration. The multiple postponements of weddings in the last number of weeks due to the Corona virus, has resulted in a backlogged 2020 Autumn-Winter season. It has also left a lot fewer dates available in 2021. If that is not reason enough to convince you, then read on for more advantages.
Wedding Date Flexibility
1. Possibly the biggest bonus is that you are more likely to secure your dream date at your dream venue, with most couples opting for the weekend. You have to consider if you want a Saturday wedding at a venue that you don’t love over a weekday wedding at your top venue choice. Subsequently you don’t want to book a random date or possibly have to delay your celebration by a couple of years just because it’s the only Saturday that your venue can accommodate you.
Secure Your Preferred Wedding Vendors
2. That photographer that you have been following for months on Instagram is probably booked every weekend until 2025, but not on a Wednesday! Likewise,other vendor professionals like Dj, band, hair and beauty stylists will also have room in their calendar midweek.
Reduce Wedding Costs
3. It can be significantly more affordable with many venues reducing their pricing for weekday events, some by almost half the price of a Saturday wedding. You may also be able to negotiate a discount with your other suppliers by using the midweek element as a bargaining tool. Who doesn’t love a discount!
Have An Intimate Wedding
4. Is the thought of having to invite second cousins, third cousins and colleges of colleges giving you anxiety attacks? Or are you secretly wishing to drastically reduce your guest count from 400 to 75? Then choosing a midweek date will benefit you enormously! It’s likely a lot won’t be able to take time off work or be able to take their children out of school. By having a small intimate wedding you can practise social distancing much easier. The key is to give your nearest and dearest plenty of time to plan and you’ll get that intimate celebration you’ve been dreaming of!
Have A Relaxed Celebration
5. You’ll avoid the crowd and won’t feel like you are part of the production line of weddings at the registry office or church. This will naturally make your event more relaxed for you, your guests and your photographers. There probably won’t be another bride in sight!
Extend Your Celebration Over Several Days
6. Instead of making it just a weekend celebration, you can make it a very relaxed week long celebration! Whether it’s a local or destination wedding, you can plan out a few small events with your guests. Anything from excursions, dining together or heading out for some evening entertainment. If your immediate families haven’t all met each other, it’s a good opportunity to bring them together for a casual get-to-know each other over dinner at home and look through old family photos.
Mid-week weddings are trending in Budapest! Couples are planning their destination wedding in Hungary on Thursdays and then continuing their celebration into the weekend by doing activities in Budapest and exploring the Hungarian countryside!
You may be met with some reactions of surprise when you announce your wedding day, try not to take it personally. It is doubtful that everyone will be able to attend but they should understand that this is your big day. It’s okay to be a little selfish in this situation, especially if you both are financing your wedding and trying to reduce costs.
You will never be able to please everyone, so put your happiness first when deciding your wedding date. If you feel good with your choice then it will ultimately set your wedding planning off to a positive start!
Undoubtedly you want your wedding to be unique and you want to provide the best possible guest experience for your family and friends. By choosing a romantic location like Budapest, you will immediately be setting your wedding apart from all the others. Not only will your guests have your wedding day to look forward to, but they will also have an opportunity to explore a new city. Discover below why more and more couples are choosing Budapest for their dream wedding.
1. BUDAPEST’S BEAUTY & CHARM
Budapest is recognised as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe! You will be spoiled for choice when choosing your wedding venue and a location for your wedding photographs. Often referred to as the Jewel of the Danube, it has a uniqueness to it like no other! It rivals the charm, elegance and architectural splendour of other European cities, making it a popular choice for stylish weddings.
From the most pristine historical buildings to derelict rundown apartment blocks, they all ooze a romantic charm. The city is much admired and not easily replicated. I have planned weddings here as diverse as the city itself, alway bursting with personality and creativity. Just take a walk along the Danube banks and through the enchanted streets of the castle district and you’ll see why so many fall in love with this city and ultimately choose to host their wedding in Budapest.
If you choose a religious ceremony the top 2 catholic churches are the Romanesque style Matthias church in the historical castle district and the Neo Classical style Saint Stephen’s Basilica in the heart of Pest. The later being my favorite, but I could be biased as that is where my wedding took place not to mention that it is one of the Top 10 most photographed buildings in the world!
2. IT HAS A WIDE VARIETY OF WEDDING VENUES
Where else can you find two cities rolled into one? Here you have Buda and Pest! Well geographically they are two cities separated by the Danube river, but essentially they are considered one city. Each side of the river has it’s own character and several dream wedding venues. You will be sure to find the perfect one amongst them to suit your style, size and budget.
Some couples are dazzled by the Buda Castle where they can fulfil their dream of a fairytale wedding on it’s Savoy Terrace.
Some are seeking grandeur and choose to say ‘yes’ in Budapest in one of the city’s Art Museums.
Some choose a private villa hidden in the Buda hills to keep their nuptials and reception an intimate celebration.
Some choose a downtown ruin bar to create a trendy rustic theme.
Some wish to set their scene on the river, dining and dancing on the Danube, enjoying the spectacular views of Buda and Pest.
There is so much choice, I could go on and on…
3. COST EFFECTIVE
Despite the fact that the city is gaining popularity for visitors and weddings, it still remains incredibly affordable compared to the rest of Europe. You can get all the bells and whistles here without blowing your budget!
4. IDEAL LOCATION
Budapest is ideally situated in the heart of Europe with flights from every corner of the world. Tourists flock here all year long, yet the city never seems overcrowded. Your friends and family will be delighted to make the trip and discover for themselves what makes this such an enchanting destination.
5. IT HAS LOTS OF TALENTED WEDDING VENDORS
Are you worried about falling into the category of cookie-cutter/seen-it-before style weddings? You have no need to worry if you plan your wedding in Hungary. There is an abundance of creative wedding professionals from floral designers to wedding photographers. They will work tirelessly to deliver you an exquisitely tailor-made wedding like no other. Outstanding catering companies can deliver mouth-watering, innovative and beautifully prepared dishes. When it comes to entertainment why limit yourself to a Dj or band when you can have anything from Cirque Du Soleil style performers, to magicians, to a virtuoso violinist or an entire orchestra! It’s all possible in this city full of culture.
6. WONDERFUL ACCOMMODATION CHOICES
The city offers a wide selection of lodgings, suiting every need and budget. You can find affordable luxury at the large international chain hotels and small unique boutique ones. There is a wide variety of rental apartments to suit every style and budget.
( Tip: Book a room with a balcony along the banks of the river. )
7. THERE IS AN ABUNDANCE OF THINGS TO DO IN THE CITY
No matter where you and your guests choose to stay they will find all amenities and attractions in close proximity. The streets are easy to navigate for those that like to discover a new city by foot, and I really would recommend walking between the sites. By doing so you will get a better appreciation for the architecture and you will discover quirky streets with great little shops and cafés. When your feet get tired you can always hope on a tram, bus or the metro. The public transport system is affordable, punctual and comfortable and there are also plenty of yellow taxis about, ready to whisk you off to your desired location.
Budapest is suitable for all ages, with lots to keep everyone entertained all day long and some even well into the wee hours of the night. Should you wish to extend your wedding celebrations over several days you will have an abundance of choice to make unique mini-events:
take a leisurely cruise down the Danube
chill-out in one of the thermal baths
venture out for some wine tasting to a countryside vineyard
dine at one of the rooftop restaurants and enjoy spectacular views
Ask your wedding planner in Budapest to create an itinerary of events. You decide how action packed or relaxed you wish to have it.
So there you have it, 7 reasons to have your wedding in Budapest. All you have to do now is start planning!